Sunday, June 26, 2011

St Louis - Part 3 - The Zoo

Blog friends - happy Sunday!  I haven't updated this week because we have been busy loving life - but Lilli is taking a nap still (in her BIG GIRL BED-more on that later!) so I am going to try to finish my St. Louis Recap before I forget the details!

I left off after our first day of the Zoo.  Last year we did one day of the Zoo and it just wasn't enough.  Since it is FREE and we had a free shuttle, we decided to do two days this year.  I am glad we did!  This time we bought the "Safari Pass" which was 10 dollars a person but we thought well worth it.  We typically give a donation to the Zoo before we left so it was ok to pay for something while there! 

The Safari Pass included-
Rides on the Carousel
Rides on the Train
Sea Lion Show
Children's Zoo Admission
3-D Movie

So we did ALL of that!  By far, Lilli's favorite was the TRAIN!  She is still talking about how it went through a tunnel - she was mesmerized.  We rode it all the way around the zoo at one point and she was in Heaven.  Momma was in Heaven because I didn't have to walk as much this day - we just took the train from one part of the Zoo to another - much quicker!

Here are some photos from this day -

Leaving the hotel-such a big girl!





 
Waving to people while on the train!



Sea Lion Show - I think we enjoyed it more than her, she was ready to ride the train some more








We took late naps and had an even later dinner - but that was ok because it was vacation!  The next morning we got up and had breakfast - followed by a final swim - then headed back home.  

This year


And last year!




We had an uneventful ride home (thank goodness!) and even found a Chili's restaurant since it was my birthday and I was craving it!  She did great in the car, even sleeping about 45 minutes.

Overall it was a wonderful mini-vacation! 

No comments :

Post a Comment