Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipes

Last week I made a really yummy Garlic Chicken Pasta with Red Peppers.  I can't find the recipe online anymore, but I have a hard copy.  If you want it - let me know and I will type it out and share.

I also made this cake not once, but THREE times.  It is that good!  Jason's coworkers love when I get in the baking mood - and Lilli is loving to be in the kitchen helping Mommy.
Fresh Strawberry Upside Down Cake


2 cups crushed fresh strawberries (I just used a one pound carton)

1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix (this is the bigger box)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package

1.Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
3.Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. (My oven cooks hot/quick so I only baked for 35 minutes) Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.


Today I just made Chili's Salsa from Kelly's Korner Blog -
CHILI'S SALSA

1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime

1. In food processor place jalapenos (optional) and onion and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin,cilantro and lime juice.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
4. Place in covered container and chill.
5. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!


I plan on using it on this tonight -
Chicken Fajita Pizza from here


1 Tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Sliced Onion
1/2 Cup Julienned Green Pepper
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup Salsa
2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese


Directions:
Unroll crust into a greased 15 in. X 10 in. X 1 in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.


Spread salsa over the crust. Top with one cup cheese, chicken mixture, and remaining cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.


Serving: 12 slices
Prep Time: Half an hour


My mom makes the yummiest homemade bread in the world.  She gave me a loaf on Wednesday and I am still eating it daily. :o)  So I am getting ready to whip up some of this -
Cinnamon Honey Butter


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar honey and cinnamon. Beat until light and fluffy.

I figure you can't go wrong with ANY of those ingredients, plus we have tons of honey to use, remember!?



I'll share next week how these tasted - but since I had a free moment to share I wanted to get this typed out!

1 comment :

  1. We have that strawberry cake recipe too! We don't flip it upside down though, we just eat it right out the pan! The pizza recipe looks great, I think I may try it!

    ReplyDelete