Tuesday, June 14, 2011

St Louis - 2011 - The Magic House

Hello blog friends!

We just returned from another trip to St. Louis.  For those that don't know, it is one of our favorite cities.  Jason and I went there when we were dating in 2004 - then he proposed there in 2005 - then we went for Lilli's first vacation in 2010 and again now in 2011.  We love that it is about 3 hours but we can spend a long weekend with so much to do!

This is going to be picture heavy, so bear with me!  Remember you can click on any picture to make it bigger (that is for you, mom!)

Thursday -
We left home as soon as Lilli woke up and stopped first for a breakfast at Chik-Fil-A.  Be still my heart.  I have been wanting their little chicken yeast rolls for YEARS, no joke.  I just never go near one at breakfast time so it was a definite on our list!

We arrived in St. Louis around 1:00 - after some crappy directions (I hate getting them from the internet - ugh) we took the long "scenic" route to get to Kirkwood, where the Magic House is located.  We stopped at Deweys, a local pizza place recommended on some travel forums.  I had a pizza with green peppers, onions and sausage - something I never eat - but my pregnancy palate is much more advanced than normal!  It was yummy - and Lilli loved to eat the parmesan cheese on the table!


 We had talked up the trip so much - she was SO excited!

Here is a link to the Magic House.

We stayed about 2.5 hours and Lilli was worn out at the end (as were Mommy and Daddy) and we still didn't see it all!

Alice and Wonderland exhibit -


Trying to get a photo of the two of us - this is what she wanted to do!  In fact, there will be FEW photos of Lilli and me (and none of the 3 4 of us) because she wanted nothing to do with that!

She did hug the rabbit, though -

But her favorite things were the sand and water table - 




They were in two seperate rooms - in an area specifically for kids under 6.  I loved that she could get her hands wet and sandy and make a mess and I didn't have to clean it up!

 They also had a village just for kids - she enjoyed grocery shopping (and made me proud when she put ALL her groceries back on the correct shelves when finished!) and playing in the house.  She also loved the baby nursery!




Fishing in the pond!
  
Can you spot the best part of this picture --- It's JASON holding my girly diaper bag!!

 I have to add here - any time Lilli hears a baby cry we ask her why the baby is crying.  She always responds with "Mommy hold her..want some milk and hold her and a hotdog" and I get so tickled every time!



Making shadows on the wall-
Finishing up the Magic House by playing with the balls - she thought it was hilarious.



We left when we were all worn out and headed to our hotel in Richmond Heights.  Last year we stayed here and loved it so much we came back again!  We stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites by the St. Louis Galleria.  Favorite parts of the hotel - huge rooms (we had a suite last year which was perfect for her pack-n-play) free breakfast (with waffles and REAL food like sausage and bacon - Jason's faves!) and a free shuttle to the zoo, among other places.  The prices were better than hotels near Forest Park - so that was enough to get me to come back! 

That night we planned to grab dinner at P.F. Changs since it was just across the street.  Lilli had to model her dress for me before we left -



She has her Daddy's long, muscular legs.  I'm jealous!


After our yummy dinner we came back to the hotel to swim - which was probably L's favorite part!  She was grinning so big I bet her cheeks hurt!  I didn't take my camera because I didn't want it to get wet - but she giggled and laughed so much!

We finished the night with a call to Nana and PawPaw back home!

Lilli has NEVER slept in the bed with us.  So we were all a bit nervous how she would do sharing a king size bed for the weekend.  It took her a while to wind down but she ended up doing great!

I'm posting now and will do Part 2 soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment