Sunday, April 18, 2010

Running our first 5k!

On Saturday Jason and I participated in the Harvey 5k Run/Walk.  It was our very first race and we were really excited about it!  The weather was absolutely beautiful - not too hot, not too cold!  The first half of the race (as I was going DOWN the huge hill) all I could think of was how awesome it was that I accomplished my goal of running a 5k.  However, running UP the hill on the way back I was singing a different tune, hehe!

I had a goal to beat 35 minutes, which I had never done during training.  I was proud when I finished in 34:21!  It was slow, yes, but I never walked! Jason made his goal, as well.  He did so well - 2nd in his division only to the race winner.

My favorite part of the race was when Jason and I met (it was a run there-and-back type of race) and we high-fived.  Cheesy, yes, but it was a great feeling.  We started running in January and doing it together is the only thing that kept both of us motivated.  So often we both wanted to quit, but we never did.  Now we are planning for another race in a few weeks!

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Confucius


Over 3 miles!

1 comment :

  1. That is wonderful! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete