Monday, April 5, 2010

A blog? Why not!

I am joining the land of the living - and becoming a blogger!  I follow a lot of blogs (soon I will share) and have enjoyed reading and learning through them.  I thought I would start this blog to share stories and PICTURES of Lilli as she grows and changes.  I always upload pictures to Facebook but so many do not have access or an account there, so this might be easier for friends and family.

So what should I discuss in my first real blog post?

Well, how about Lilli, of course!  She will be one next week - where does the time go!?  I find myself thinking about this time last year.  The weather, the Tater Day festivities, spring break, etc.  I mostly think about the excitement, nervousness and anxiety I was feeling.  When would she come? What would labor and delivery be like?  How was our life about to change? 

In honor of this time last year, I went back and looked at my online journal to see what I wrote - and wanted to share.

I wanted to post some of my thoughts about pregnancy before baby Peep arrives. So I think Im going to do 2 lists-


What I will try to FORGET about this pregnancy:
*The hyperemesis that put me in the hospital twice during my first trimester and kept me from working for almost a month
*Not being able to drink water because it made me sick.
*The multiple blood draws and IV's that I had to have (this includes the ectopic pregnancy I had last summer)
*The food aversions - mostly meat but sadly any Italian food. I miss it!
*The swelling. I cant imagine being pregnant in the summer since it is so bad now!

*The constant worry that something might be wrong with the baby
*The guilt about drinking sweet tea and eating ham sandwiches.
*The guilt about not taking my prenatals (this is okayed by my doctor but I still worry)
*The guilt about taking the gazillion pills I had/have to take due to the nausea I still have
*The fact that I can barely walk because she is so low.
*Getting up multiple times to pee at night.
*My horrible body acne
*The stinky feet
*Not being able to eat salt.


What I will want to REMEMBER about this pregnancy:
*The look on Jason's face when I told him I was pregnant via scavenger hunt.

*Sharing the news with friends and family, especially my parents
*Hearing the heartbeat for the first time.
*Finding out we were having a little girl!
*Choosing a name and keeping it a secret.
*Planning and decorating the nursery.
*Feeling her kick, then having Jason feel her kick.
*Growing a belly and having people touch it (I actually love this)
*Hearing Jason talk about how much he loves the belly
*Getting foot and back rubs nightly and being spoiled by my wonderful husband
*NOT having to clean the litter box!
*Feeling beautiful, even after gaining weight
*Baby showers thrown by friends and family
*Daydreaming about what she will look like
*The excuse to eat whatever I want and not exercise. I will definitely miss this!
*Having so many people care about me and want to know how Im doing.
*Full panel pants. I dont ever want to wear pants with a waist again!
*Being at home with my pets preparing for her birth.
*Having a perfectly round belly and only a teeny stretch mark or two. Lets hope it stays that way!

*Having her all to myself for 9 months...
*Feeling like Jason loves me more than ever and knowing he will be the best daddy






Im sure I could think of more and go on and on. But thats it for now. I feel like this pregnancy has lasted forever and has gone by so quickly at the same time. I cant wait to meet her, to see what she looks like and to experience labor and delivery. I cant wait to see Jason hold her and calm her. I cant wait to share her name with everyone, especially my mom, dad and sister. I know I will miss being pregnant but for now all I can think about is having little baby Peep in my arms!



I am going to try to post once a week...so I'm sure next week will be about her 1st birthday and then her PARTY!  Stay tuned!


For those of you that are new, you can reply to this blog easily.  Just leave your name if you don't have a blogger account (you can do that by clicking anonymous but then signing your first name when you reply.)

Happy Easter everyone!






2 comments :

  1. I love that perfectly round belly! I'm ready to see it again. ;-) I can still smell those feet though. :-0
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, saw you had it posted on facebook! Our son was born on 4/22/09 so not much younger than yours! I can remember all of those same experiences and how wonderful they were. Looking forward to more posts.

    -Ashley Collins

    ReplyDelete