Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Hey friends and family!

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather we are having in Western KY.  It has been gorgeous.  Lilli and I played outside today and she loved it, as did I.  I will share some pics in just a minute.

We had a great weekend. Friday Jason and I had the day off (well, I took the day off to take Lilli to Dr. Aaron and have an eye check as well.  We both had great checkups, and my vision is 20-15!  That night I found this -


Saturday we had made plans to run in the Tater Trot 5K but Jason was called into work at 3:30 Saturday morning.  I didn't want to run without him since we have been training together since Jan. for it.  Bummer!  So now I am on the look out for another 5k.  If anyone knows of any nearby, fill me in!  We did manage to do some Tater Day-ing and she enjoyed the sights and food. Last year at Tater Day I waddled around 9 months pregnant trying to get her to come out! My how things have changed in a year!

She said "doggie" on Saturday morning while pointing to Cooper!  She has also been standing up from the seated position and taking more and more steps.  I think she will walk very soon!

Sunday we had a beautiful Easter with L.  It is actually her 2nd Easter, as she was less than a week old last year. 
Here she is Easter 2009, 4 days old -

Notice her rolled pants!  They were newborn and huge on her!

This year -


We attempted a family photo before church with little success.  I don't know why she was crying, but isn't this picture hilarious!?


She enjoyed her basket(s) from the Easter Bunny...especially her bunny that sings "Jesus Loves Me" from Nana and PawPaw.  We had a yummy Easter lunch at my house after church.  My grandparents and Jason's granny were able to join us so it was extra special.  Lilli slept through lunch but did wake at the end to see everyone.  Even Ashley was able to see her for a bit after flying in from Chicago.

Today we played inside and outside.  She loves being outside! 



I am hoping Jason doesn't have to work late again tonight.  He has been putting in lots of hours lately and we miss him!  I plan to fix some BLTs and sweet potato fries.  Hopefully we can take a walk together and play in the back yard again.  She is napping now, so I know she will be ready to go! 

Hope everyone has a great week!! 


1 comment :

  1. I can't believe how she's grown. It seems unreal. Who was supposed to be watching her when she got into the TP anyway? She's so sweet playing in the grass. I can't believe she took 7 steps tonight and I totally missed it. I love that little girl!!
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete