Friday, October 24, 2014

Scarlett's 3rd Birthday - A Ballerina Bash

Scarlett has been interested in dance lately - so I thought she would love to have a ballerina themed birthday party.  I was right!  A few days before the party I let her try on the ballet outfit so I could take some photos.  She then refused to take it off.  Stinker.



I know she is mine, but isn't she pretty!?
 

Used etsy for the invites, as usual:


I had pink and gray party decor from a baby shower I threw a year ago, so I just reused that.  Turned out really cute!

Notice the shoes hanging from the chandelier - that is so no one would bump their heads on it!  This is our dining room minus the furniture.

16 of these!



 Started out jumping on the trampoline with pink balloons.  Scarlett could do this for days. Cheap, easy fun.





Then it was time to hand out the tutus and learn a real dance!




I am fortunate to know some actual dancers that were so gracious with their Friday night to come and teach the girls!  Aren't they beautiful!?

Showing off their moves

Even the boys had fun!

Listening to Miss Garlynn, Miss Abby and Miss Erin


Stretching

I  love this of Garlynn looking at Scarlett!





Lilli is SERIOUS when it comes to anything she does, dancing is no exception.











Trying to get a good group shot = impossible!

Happy birthday, Scarlett!

Wouldn't have been the same without these three dancers - they were so patient and thoughtful with the little ones.

It was a wonderful  night! I know that Scarlett loved it, as she is still talking about it.  And Lilli loved it, too.  Every party I throw I get lots of compliments - but I promise I don't do it alone!  Jason was the one bringing in the tables, nailing up fishing line and hanging each of those tutus, helping me make decorating decisions and overall being a good sport!  Then he cleaned up after the party while I crashed!  My mom ALWAYS does so much of the work behind the scenes.  She brought the cake, helped me make some of the crafts, and cleaned my house before the big day!  And my friend Beth is my go-to party girl who always comes early to cut up a pineapple because she knows I can't. (Among other things I can't do!)  She's a dancer - even brought the shoes and tried them out for me. 
Still got it, girl!
Another birthday party in the books!  I know I will look back and miss throwing these parties.  Some day they will want to spend the night with a friend and want nothing to do with me.  So while we still can, we party hard!

No comments :

Post a Comment