Monday, May 21, 2012

The girls' first trip to the BEACH! Part 1

I typically don't have much time to type so I am going to post photos and a short recap, but we returned from Panama City Beach Florida on Saturday and if I don't share this now it won't get done!

We left after Lilli's Super Soccer Saturday - a day where she had 2 soccer games.  I was not thrilled to wait all day to get on the road (growing up my dad drove through the night) but it actually worked out ok!  The girls slept on and off and we only had to stop a few times.  Once to eat and too many times for Jason to pee, but I gave him a hard enough time about that so I won't post about it here :o)

To get to PCB from our house takes about 10 hours.  We did it in 11, so not bad.  We arrived at 1:30 AM and despite an issue getting into the gated parking garage (they didn't give us the code!) not too many tears were shed!

We were all excited to get into our condo!  We unpacked what we needed for the night and headed to bed - we had church early on Sunday!

 Yummy Mother's Day Brunch at Andy's Flour Power.  Beautifully written cards (with tracings of their hands, of course) made me cry, as always.  Jason should write for Hallmark.

Followed by a first sand experience and some photos in matching dresses on the beach -




I had planned for Lilli to take a nap but she was super eager to get back down to the beach.  Can you blame her!?

Scarlett liked it, too!

 The day was overcast and cooler, which was fine by us.  That night we headed to Sharky's to eat because it was close to our hotel.  Food was ok but the live music was great! Hit up the grocery store and called it a night!

The next day included more beach time and a trip to ZooWorld.  I had low expectations (we LOVE St. Louis Zoo!) but I was pleasantly surprised!  For one thing, the place was empty so we had plenty of time and space to look at the animals.  Nice shade and a great play area.  We were able to touch the animals in the show and Lilli  had her picture taken with a parrot.  All around good fun!

Here are some favorite pics -







We pushed through nap time so Lilli passed out in the car - while holding her souvenir photograph.  Adorable.

It was too late to head back to rest so we tried an early dinner at The Saltwater Grill.  Oh my it was the best food all week!  I had the beef tenderloin and Jason had Yellowfin Tuna and we both left happy and stuffed.  The early dinner prices made it that much better! :o)

We finished the night with a walk on the pier and some (more!) photos.








The next day included Thomas Donuts
 then shopping and playing at Pier Park.






I honestly can't remember where we ate that night - but we had some fun snuggles before bed!
We had a two bedroom condo at Aqua which was wonderful.  Scarlett had her own room and Lilli was able to sleep with us, something she always wants to do.  So Scarlett would go down as soon as we got in but Lilli was able to stay up later.  I wish that would have meant she slept IN later, but no luck there.  Oh well, who wants to sleep their vacation away?!

Posting now so I don't lose this...

No comments :

Post a Comment