Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Once upon a time...

I had a blog.  The Lilli Pad.  Remember it?  Apparently I don't - because when I went to update it today I could not even remember how to even ACCESS the site!  Wow, that is bad.  I am the worst blogger ever.  Do you think there is an award for that? :o)

I wanted to come in and finally update about Lillian Brooke, who is now TWO.  TWO!  Seriously, I have no idea how that happened!

Here are some stats and milestones -
*She is 35 inches tall (90-95%ile) and if you take the old equation to double their 2 yr old height she will be around 5'10"!  Tall like her Daddy!
*She weighs about 26.5 oz (45%ile) which is where she has consistently been on the charts.  Thin - also like her Daddy, haha.
*She wears 2T clothing, size 6 or 7 shoe, size 5 diaper
*Sleeps through the night, about 11.5 hours.  Goes to bed around 8:30
*Naps once a day for 1.5-2 hours
*Has all teeth but 2 year molars (from what I can see!)
*Her eyes are almost brown - but with a little green/hazel in them.  I think they are still changing, even at 2 years old.  Her hair is getting long enough to go in pigtails/ponytail but is very thin at the top, just like mine.  We still have not cut it.  I think it will get lots lighter this summer.
*Favorite foods - anything good for her, she loves fruits (grapes and strawberries especially) and veggies (corn and green beans, avacadoes/guacamole) and she loves hot dogs lately.  She doesn't eat much meat at all so I try to get her to eat peanut butter and other protein.  She is not picky and will eat off our plate at a restaurant.  She doesn't like things with breading (nuggets, etc)
*Uses a sippy but can carry a cup with a straw easily.  Drinks whole milk, has chocolate or strawberry milk once a day for a treat, and one sippy of diluted juice a day.  Enjoys and asks for water, especially mine
*I couldn't even list her vocabulary here, but I'm sure she knows over a hundred words.  My favorite phrases - "Mommy, hold you?" "Pooker" (Cooper the dog)" "Nana, come back here!" "Daddy moanin?" (Daddy mowing?) and so many others.  She says most things correctly but when she gets consonants switched it makes for a really cute phrase!  She knows all the words in her picture books and also knows her shapes and colors.  She does get confused every now and then, but not enough that makes me think she doesn't know them.
*She can count to 15 - although I've only heard her do it a few times because she doesn't like to do it when I ask!  She counts when she is playing alone alot.
*She knows all her family members and has said a prayer for them, both when I was watching and once when I overheard her.  She asks for a prayer every time she goes to sleep and also when we eat.  She also holds her hands in prayer.  She loves church and Tick Tock (class) and has recently started going to Sunday night class where they often make adorable crafts
*Favorite toys - her "B" (lovey bunny), Melmo, button (pacifier), blankie, pillow, as well as her blocks, BABIES and all that goes with them, and stuffed animals.  She is only attached to the things she sleeps in her crib with.
*Just recently started singing songs - her favorites are Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and she knows some of Jesus Loves Me.  I have tried to get her on camera but she is shy about it! 
*Loves to watch cartoons - Curious George, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Carebears, and a DVD of songs are her favorites
*Draws with chalk outside - typically uses her left hand - and plays with her water table.  She loves being outside
*Can run, jump with both feet, climb stairs and crawl into her highchair by herself. 
*She adores Cooper and Brady and they are both good with her.
*She shows concern when a baby cries.  She will usually say, "Baby crying? Mommy hold her and give her bottle?" Talking about the baby's own mother, not me. 
*Loves to Skype with her Auntie Ashley and will ask to "Talk to Auntie?"
*Has an excellent memory - she will often talk about things we have long since forgotten
*She loved the Easter Bunny and gave him hugs and kisses and still talks about him
*We have started venturing into potty training - she went once in her potty but then was sick so I backed off.  I plan to do a Potty Bootcamp this summer when I am off. I think she will respond well, she has been flexible up to this point with other transitions
*Had a wonderful 2nd birthday party - which she also still talks about.

Here are some recent pictures from her "Happy Bee Day" party


I put the last one because Jason wants her to be a Vet someday - and she is well on her way.  She likes to "give medicine to make it all better" to all of us, including the pets!

Overall she is a loving, happy child.  She is so easy to take out and about - we are still shocked that we can do things we thought we wouldn't be able to do.  However, I am pretty strict about her napping and we plan accordingly.  So that helps, I think.  We are beyond blessed to have her and are having more fun each and every day!

No comments :

Post a Comment