Friday, May 13, 2011

Better late than never!

Two posts in one week - you readers should be proud!  (All 12 of you!)

Last post was all about Lilli.  I didn't want to take away anything from her so I created a new post for this -
 We are having another baby in October!

That makes me almost 17 weeks - almost halfway done.  So yeah, I'm a little late in updating and hopefully most that read this already know.  If not, surprise!  I told Jason by writing "due 10.23.11" on a small (fake) pumpkin - which led to the nickname "Baby Pumpkin."  Since Lilli was "Baby Peep" (due on Easter) this just fits!  I am very sure that Big Sis expects an actual orange pumpkin to pop out of me and for that she will be disappointed.  But she sure is adorable talking about Baby Pumpkin and rubbing my ever growing belly! 

We are not finding out the gender of this baby until delivery.  We have our big "growth and development" ultrasound on Tuesday, May 24.  It IS very tempting to find out what is growing in my uterus but ultimately, we are holding out for one of life's true surprises.  Besides, it drives my mother and sister batty and I love it. :o)

As for how I'm feeling - BETTER!  Better than I was at this point with Lilli.  Better than I was just a month ago.  Better than I expected to feel.  So yay for that!  The 2nd trimester is typically the best in the pregnancy, and I am hoping to enjoy it this summer.  Laying in the pool, traveling to St. Louis with J and L, and playing outside.  Once August comes I will be big as a barn and NOT happy about going back to work, but I am trying not to think about that.  After baby arrives in October I won't return to work until the following school year in August, which will give me lots of time as a stay-at-home mom to 2 kids.  I figure by August 2012 I will be ready to go back to teaching!

I hope to update more now that school is almost out.  My pictures are all on my laptop and facebook, neither of which I can access right now.  So sorry for the picture-less post. 


Here are some topics I plan to post about in the coming days/weeks:
*VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-Section) Planning,
*Potty Training
*House decorating - new nursery + new big girl room + new playroom = one busy summer

Stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment