Friday, November 8, 2013

Scarlett's Pony Party

It is no secret that I have always wanted a pony.  My Daddy used to say, "but we don't have a fence" to which I would reply, "so build one!"  I guess I rubbed off on Scarlett, as she has been a horse fan for a long time.  So when we bought the farm this summer I KNEW that I wanted to do a pony theme for her 2nd birthday party.

It was Jason's idea to have the actual pony.  I swear.  Enter Barnyard Buddies.  We have seen them at family events throughout the area so I knew it was doable.  A short call, a few scheduling snafus and a very reasonable fee later - Scarlett (and Mommy!) got her pony!


I highly recommend Andrea with The Green Grass Grows  on Etsy.  She had an invitation that I liked but I wanted to change the colors to match some blue sweaters I had found a few months ago for the girls.  She was so patient with me and my papergood pickiness!  Then when we had to reschedule the party last minute, she gave me a great deal on new invites.  I just loved the look and love buying from someone who is easy to work with.  Not to mention she sent me a free printable for the party without me even asking - score!
  
I had some ideas saved on Pinterest so I can't take credit for most of this, but here is my take on a (very simple) pony party!
I made the pony and plan on putting it in the new house!  It is a piece of a pallet left over from our remodel.  I used leftover stain (Rustoleum Brand, Kona color) and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White that we used for our kitchen cabinets.  I didn't freehand, just made a horse template with some butcher paper and an overhead projector.  Didn't take me long and I loved the way it turned out!

The sign says "Every pony needs a little ranch"  We had carrots w/ranch, various popcorns, apples with dip and cake.

Yummy butter cake with buttercream icing. Made by my friend Shauna.  I made the bunting last minute with leftover invites.  I just wanted something simple and classic looking.  Her rose cakes are beautiful.

I made this caramel dip and it was fabulous!  I might have eaten it with a spoon after the guests left...
 
Caramel Apple Dip
2 blocks cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Caramel Dip (I like the Sweet Lava brand I find at Walmart)
Heath Bar toffee bits
 
You just mix the sugar and cream cheese and put it down first, then pour the caramel sauce and sprinkle the toffee. 

 
 There are the Tucker + Tate horse sweaters.  Wish I had my own.

The birthday girl and her Nana.  I barely held her the whole party.  She much prefers her Nana and PawPaw to Mom and Dad.  We are chopped liver!

Hard to see, but this is Scarlett's reaction when they put her on the pony.  She no likey. Bless.  I'm glad I got a pony for her since she apparently hates them!

Big sister, on the other hand, was a fan.  She was loving it!!

This is actually a horse named Buttercup.  We had them bring a horse for the "big kids"

Like my Granny.  She wanted to ride.

We did finally get Scarlett to ride with Lilli.

Mandatory family photo shot!


Mostly she just wanted to be held by her PawPaw.  Not shocking.


Later she took a ride with Auntie.  She was starting to warm up at this point.


Nana grew up with horses, so she was a natural.

While people were riding we had playtime in the backyard.

Ashley made a friend with the sweet pony, Doc.  Barnyard Buddies brings several people to help the riders and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them.  They have other animals for petting zoos and even have a camel.  Maybe next year!?

Once the riding was over, we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake.  Scarlett sang to herself and loved every minute of it.  I think it was her favorite part of the party.



Then it was time for presents.  Her facial expressions show how much she loved opening them.  So maybe THIS was her favorite part of the party.


 
 
We are so lucky to have family and friends that love Scarlett Jean.  Thanks for sharing in our special day!

1 comment :

  1. This is PRECIOUS! Seriously though, I wish I would have hired them for our wedding haha

    ReplyDelete