Thursday, June 3, 2010

4 Years Ago...

4 years ago, I woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning.

I put on my beloved Reem Acra with a little help from my sister

I met a teary eyed Jason in the foyer of our church, and prayed he liked my dress

(he did!)


I sang "Going to the Chapel" RIGHT before walking down the aisle.

And held tightly to my great-grandmother's hankie

Then held my Daddy's arm as he walked me to my future (and we both cried like babies!)

I repeated our beautiful vows and promised my all to Jason

and kissed him, to make it official and all ;o)

I celebrated with our family and friends

and savored every moment being his new bride

I tried to remember our rehearsed "first dance" (but mostly just stared into his eyes!)


then I danced with my Daddy (and cried, yet again!)

I got revenge with the cake (after icing went down my dress from his turn)

listened to an hilarious, yet, touching toast about Jason

and cried through a beautiful toast from my dear sister

I danced some more

And waved to on-lookers in a carriage

shook my booty with my besties

then said goodnight to the most perfect day


4 years ago, I married my best friend.

Happy anniversary, my love...81 more to go!



No comments :

Post a Comment