Wednesday, May 26, 2010

7 random things...

So Susan at Adventures at Seay nominated me for this lovely Kreative Blogger award -


Susan married an old friend of mine, Ryan, and they have the most adorable baby, Cooper.  He would be Lilli's boyfriend if we lived closer, I'm sure of it.  I love reading your updates, Susan!

Ok here are the rules :

Copy the award to your blog.
Insert a link to the person who nominated you.
Tell us seven things about yourself that you haven't told us before.
Nominate seven other bloggers for the award.
Link to their blogs.
Tell the nominees about their award.

I'm always up for something like this, so here are my 7 things-
1. I am afraid of being under water.  I love being in a pool, and enjoy swimming, but have a strange fear of aquariums and high water on roads.  It all started with a horrible snorkeling experience that I won't even explain because it will give me the willies.

2. When I was pregnant I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, a "serious disorder affecting 1% of all pregnant women.  It is basically very severe form of morning sickness characterized by extreme, unrelenting nausea, dehydration, and vomiting during pregnancy, and sometimes leading to hospitalization."  I was hospitalized twice and basically couldn't function for the first 26 weeks of pregnancy.  It was absolutely horrible and makes me scared to get pregnant again. 

3. I experienced an ectopic pregnancy/miscarriage before getting pregnant with Lillian.  My doctor told me to wait 3 months before trying again, but I read that women can be very fertile after a m/c.  Apparently that was true, because I got pregnant the following month!  I knew I was pregnant (both times) before my positive test because I had very early, strong symptoms.

4. I cannot stand to open salt containers (the metal spout.)  The sound makes me want to vomit my lunch.  I make Jason do it.

5. I am dreaming to build a house.  I look at house plans in most of my spare time, even though we have no plans to build soon.  I love watching houses being built in my subdivision and hearing about all things related to building.  I made Jason go to the Home and Garden Show with me this spring...hehe.

6. Jason and I knew we would get married within a week or two of dating.  We started looking at engagement rings (secretly) after one month.  It was obvious very early one that we were meant to be together.  On our 2nd date we went to the lake and I saw "Amber Perry" written on the rock quarry and I told him that would be my name someday!  I took a picture of it and still have it.

7. Jason's Granny and my Granny have been close friends for over 50 years, even though we didn't know each other.  His 1st cousin is my 2nd cousin, even though we aren't related.  Don't worry, we checked.  Small world we live in!


Here are my nominations for this award.  Tell me more about you!!
Ribbons and Butterfly Kisses
Cameras, Cupcakes and Cinderella
Five Peas in a Pod
From 5K to Marathon
Heather G. Young
It's Ella's World Now
The Greatest of These is Love...


Have fun sharing!

1 comment :