Friday, February 20, 2015

{Master Bedroom} before and after

More rooms to share!

The previous owners worked swing shift so they covered up the bedroom windows with black tarps.  Add brown paint and dark red curtains and you have a perfect dark paradise for daytime sleeping.  But not so much for the rest of the world!




When we took those tarps off we couldn't believe how HUGE the room felt!  Our last house had a big bedroom so we have lots of furniture and a king sized bed...and this was something that some house plans didn't accommodate.  So we were excited for another big master bedroom.

Time for paint!  We tried to let the girls help when we could.  We painted the walls Benjamin Moore's Galapagos Turquoise.

Like idiots we didn't pull the carpet up before painting...so it got ruined.  But we did pull up the carpet from the other rooms in the house and it was in such good shape that I sold it on Facebook!

 Here is the bedroom today:
That leather chair is not normally there - I was just testing it out to see how I liked it.  I actually have a smaller wingback chair that my mom is going to cover for me.  It came from Jason's dad's office.

Duvet is from Pottery Barn

Curtains are from JC Penney

Jason gave me that silver frame as a gift when we first started dating.  Inside it is a picture of us on our first date in 2004.  To the left is the night we got engaged.

I took this picture to show you the two bathrooms on each side of the TV cabinet.  The door going out of the bedroom leads to the breakfast room or downstairs to the basement.


Don't you love the corner covers on the bed!?

My mom had this quilt made for us after we got engaged - that is a picture of when Jason proposed at the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis. 

 
And here is the print of our spot - he gave me this as a wedding gift

I took this at night so you could see the way the walls change color during the day.  Looks almost navy at night.
Lamps are from...you guessed it - LOWES!
I'll post the bathrooms next!

No comments :

Post a Comment