Monday, February 23, 2015

{Master Bathroom} before and after

Last clean room to show for a while...the master bathroom. 

We actually have TWO bathrooms - one with 2 sinks and a closet (I guess it is a dressing area) and one with the shower, tub and toilet.  I am not a fan of this set up - but we didn't have the budget to change it.  So we painted and made plans to knock down the center wall someday and make one large bathroom.  We did replace the peel and stick laminate with the same 18 inch tile we used in other parts of the house. 

Before -



After -



Here is the other room-

I bought the shower curtain at Target and bought an extra for the window cornice.  My mom made it out of foam board and stuffing.  Genius mother, inexpensive window treatments!


Speaking of my wonderful mother, she made this for me with our wedding vows

I love these collages that I made of the girls - they always make me smile when I'm taking a bath before work.  It's the little things!

I took this to show what we had to do with the crown molding...the original room had a wallpaper border that I could NOT remove.  I tried and tried but you could still see an edge. So eventually I just used wall spackle on top of the edge, sanded it down and then added a small piece of molding to the current crown.  Painted all of it to look like one piece.  Covered up what was left of the border - problem solved!

All for now!

No comments :

Post a Comment